Thursday, November 8, 2007

Game Night #37

Thanks for attending this week everyone.

This weekend is MillenniumCon, in Austin. It's a game convention, but it leans more towards historical miniature war games and longer, more in-depth games. If any of you are interested in attending with me, please let me know. I think it's $30 for all weekend long. Here's there site. http://www.millenniumcon.com/

Attendees: Aaron, Zeb, Mark M. and Joey

Previous Overall Standings:
Zeb
Brent
James
Brandt
Mark M.
Joey

This Event's Standings:
Aaron 4
Zeb 1
Joey 1
Mark M. -6

November's Overall Standings:
Aaron 4
Zeb 1
Joey 1
Mark M. -6

Aaron arrived first and, while we waited for the others, we played a game of Hey! That's My Fish! Aaron cut a couple of my penguins off and isolated them to small floes. This did allow me to section off a fifth of the board with one of my remaining penguins. I did have to fight off Aaron's penguins with my one remaining penguin. The game did go to me, but this did not keep Aaron from returning the favor later (multiple times).
Hey! That's My Fish! Standings: Joey 1, Aaron -1

Mark showed up next and we played a game of Zombies!!! The map unfolded in a really unique manner; a near perfect rectangular grid. As Aaron and Mark fought to get to the nearby Helipad, I was on the other side of the board looking for a chainsaw in the Lawn and Garden Center. Aaron found a car with the keys still in the ignition and motored through all of the zombies in his path to the helicopter; only Aaron survived the zombie onslaught.
Zombies!!! Standings: Aaron 2, Mark M. -1, Joey -1

Zeb arrived in the midst of our flight from the zombies (and made a taco run. Zeb's my new hero! I owe you, big time!). It was Zeb's turn to pick and we played Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot (which I've decided that he picks just so I'll have to type that whole name out each week a couple of times.) I actually got a few bunnies in my initial draw, but not until Zeb unleashed the Ebola virus on them and wiped them all out. So it seems that I can either have bunnies OR carrots, but not both. Every other game = lots of carrots and no bunnies. This game = lots of bunnies and no carrots. Oh, well. Aaron again was the lucky rabbit that found the Magic Carrot and won the game.
Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot Standings: Aaron 3, Zeb -1, Mark M. -1, Joey -1

Aaron had to leave, so we played TransAmerica next (one of my new faves, not 'cause I love it; but because I am somehow good at it). TransAmerica ran three rounds. In each round, I drew Los Angeles, my least favorite city (all of those mountains). Despite that, I won this one without taking a single loss.
TransAmerica Standings: Joey 2, Zeb 0, Mark M. -2

We then moved on to another group favorite; RoboRally. We knew this was going to be an interesting one, because all three of us are pretty evenly matched at this game. We played two of the most difficult maps; Pit Maze and Maelstrom. Midway between the first and second flag, Mark was off spinning around while Zeb and I found ourselves in a standoff. We were facing each other. Zeb had a conveyor belt that led to certain doom behind him and I had a pit behind me. Zeb moved first and pushed me into the pit. My first death. Later, this time Zeb was off zooming toward the finish line and Mark and I found ourselves in a similar standoff. Once again, I made the wrong move and found myself plummeting down a pit with Mark peering over the edge taunting me. The pic to the left is the status of the game as Mark finished second. I hadn't even touched the second flag yet. The indignity of it all!
RoboRally Standings: Zeb 2, Mark M. 0, Joey -2

It was time to start wrapping things up and we settled on a game of For Sale before calling it quits. I managed to pick up properties #30 and #29, but at the cost of nearly all of my capital. I think my last four or five card draws were forced picks due to not having any cash. When the second round came around, I managed to avoid both Voids and picked up a $15,000 and $14,000 check. I squeaked out a victory in this one.
For Sale Standings: Joey 2, Zeb 0, Mark M. -2

Additional Stats
Overall Points Total
Brent 11
Zeb 11
Aaron 4
Mark M. 3
Ben 3
Brandt -1
Mark K. -3
James -7
Joey -7

This Event's Wins to Played Ratios
Aaron 2:3 (66%)
Joey 3:6 (50%)
Zeb 1:4 (25%)
Mark M. 0:5 (0%)

November's Wins to Played Ratios

Aaron 2:3 (66%)
Joey 3:6 (50%)
Zeb 1:4 (25%)
Mark M. 0:5 (0%)

Overall Wins to Played Ratios
Aaron 2:3 (66%)
Zeb 17:43 (39%)
Joey 39:109 (35.77%)
Brent 5:14 (35.71%)
Ben 1:3 (33%)
Mark M. 17:64 (26%)
Brandt 2:8 (25%)
James 1:11 (9%)
Mark K. 0:1 (0%)

Games Played, Sorted by Popularity
Pirate’s Dice 12
For Sale 9
RoboRally 8
Nexus Ops 5
Formula De 5
Shadows over Camelot 4
Manila 4
Space Dealer 3
Formidable Foes 3
Tide of Iron 3
Arkham Horror 3
Elk Fest 3
Bang! 3
Hey! That’s My Fish! 3
Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot 3
Memoir ’44 2
Wings of War: Burning Drachens 2
Crimson Skies 2
Lost Cities 2
Doom: The Boardgame 2
Pirate’s Cove 2
Zombies!!! 2
TransAmerica 2
Conquest of the Empire 1
Poison 1
Twilight Imperium, 3rd Edition 1
Antike 1
Mystery of the Abbey 1
Fluxx 1
Puerto Rico 1
Nottingham 1
Qwirkle 1
Axis & Allies 1
Ricochet Robots 1
On the Underground 1
China 1
Vampire: Prince of the City 1
Jambo 1
Mississippi Queen 1
Quelf 1
Ticket to Ride 1
Power Grid 1
Citadels 1
Betrayal at House on the Hill 1
Descent: Journeys in the Dark 1
San Juan 1
Balloon Cup 1
Blokus 1
Colosseum 1
Mmm... Brains 1
Acquire 1


Images by Eric Dodd and Joe Belanger

0 comments: