Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Game Night #17

Another slow start and small group, but we got a couple of games of Robo Rally in. I was in the mood for Robo Rally; so that really worked for me, if only I didn't suck at it BIG TIME.

Attendees: Erin, Zeb and Joey.

Previous Overall Standings:
Zeb 3
Joey 1
Kyle 0
Mark -2
Erin -2

This Event's Standings:
Zeb 2
Erin 1
Joey -3

June's Overall Standings:
Zeb 5
Kyle 0
Erin -1
Joey -2
Mark -2

It seemed that tonight was going to be a no show. So in cases such as this, Erin plays with me to make me feel less like a loser (harf!) I was next on the leader board, so I picked Robo Rally. Erin and I picked out a tame board and we were neck and neck for the first half of the race. Then Erin pushed me. It threw off the remainder of my 'bot's program and I went off into right field. To add insult to injury, she blasted me a couple of times and I had to shut down, just to keep things from getting worse than they already were. By the time I got back up and running, I managed to tag the half-way flag; just as Erin was crossing the finish line. Zeb showed up a few minutes prior to Erin's victorious finish.
Robo Rally Standings: Erin 1, Joey -1

Zeb was keen to play Robo Rally again and so was I, but Erin had some things to do. Which may or may not have been true. What is true is that Erin is not a big fan of Robo Rally. You can take that to the bank! Zeb and I picked out a more complex board configuration. We were nearly stymied from the start. There was a deadly loop of conveyor belts right near the start and if not navigated successfully would lead to certain death. I managed to get on and off the conveyors pretty quickly, but Zeb took another spin around before he could get off of them. I was just a smidge ahead of Zeb the entire game, until it came to the final rush for the finish line. Zeb squeezed ahead at the last second and the race was his. A very close, great game!
Robo Rally Standings: Zeb 1, Joey -1

With a little bit of time left, Zeb picked Jambo to play. I stink at this game and I found out why tonight. Both Erin and Zeb continuously buy and sell commodities. Whereas, I bide my time waiting for the "Big Combo". Do not wait for the big combo to come, it rarely does and it isn't enough to pull out a win. Zeb saw a steady flow of goods come to his market stand and leave his market stand. By the time Zeb reached sixty gold, I was barely at forty-seven. Zeb proved to be the master marketeer.
Jambo Standings: Zeb 1, Joey -1

So with Zeb still at the top of the leader board, it will be Zeb's turn to pick next week; as well as a challenge to keep him from attaining Player of the Month at this rate. Nicely done, Zeb!

Images by Joey Belanger

0 comments: