Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Game Night #15

A good showing. Everyone was game for staying later than usual and getting three games in. The results of each game were varied and a lot of fun was had. Plus I got to play three of my favorite games.

Attendees: Zeb, Mark and Joey.

Previous Overall Standings:
Mark 5
Jose 3
Talmadge 3
Boogie 2
Joey 0
Glenn -4
John -9

This Event's Standings:
Zeb 3
Joey -1
Mark -2

June's Overall Standings:
Zeb 3
Joey -1
Mark -2

We started off the night with Nexus Ops. The more the merrier with this game. The board layout was diverse and challenging. Zeb had next to no mines over by him. I had all the single mines and a two. Mark had a couple two-rubium mines and a single. Mark and Zeb started quickly, but got halted mid-game. I came from behind in points and quickly rose to ten points. With only two more points to victory, I got shut down. I decided to build my defenses back up for a turn and then I realized that I might be able to pull out the victory if I went all or nothing. It worked. I haven't won Nexus Ops (against grown-ups) for a very long time.
Nexus Ops Standings: Joey 2, Mark -1, Zeb -1

We then played a shorter game of Robo Rally. We played a three-flag course on two boards. This game was the opposite of Nexus Ops. I broke out early and had, what I thought was, a decent lead. I thought, "I'm experienced, with a good lead. I'm going to smoke them." Boy, was I wrong! They quickly caught up and decimated me. Zeb made a dirty move and shoved me into a pit. Then Mark caught up and lasered the snot out of me. I came in last in this one. And, due to my pride, deservedly so.
Robo Rally Standings: Zeb 2, Mark 0, Joey -2

Lastly, we played Vampire: Prince of the City. I had only played this two-player before and was eager to try the game with more. A two-player game of Vampire: Prince of the City is pretty boring; but three or more (I imagine) is in-your-face and tense. We began the game by carving out sections of the board as our own. As the game progressed we creeped into each other's territory. Mark, who was regent most of the game, took steady beatings from Zeb and I, nipping at his heels. In the end, Zeb shot ahead and played to his strengths. He creamed Mark and I. As a two-player game, Vampire: Prince of the City sucks (pun intended). With three, the game is completely different and much more engaging.
Vampire: Prince of the City Standings: Zeb 2, Mark -1, Joey -1

So with that, Zeb is at the top of the leader board and has his choice of games for next week. Have at it, Zeb!

Images by MijjyB, Gary James and Nicholas Acosta.

0 comments: