Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Game Night #20

Very small showing tonight. But, hey, got to play one of my new favorite games again.

Attendees: Mark and Joey

Previous Overall Standings:
Jarrod 2
Hunter 2
Joey 2
Tanner -3
Jose -3

This Event's Standings:
Joey 1
Mark -1

July's Overall Standings:
Joey 3
Jarrod 2
Hunter 2
Mark -1
Tanner -3
Jose -3

Mark was the only one who showed up and was open to play something two-player, new and fun. That sounded like Tide of Iron to me! We played the "Crossroads" scenario. Mark played the Germans and I played the Americans. Mark rushed for the American command markers and held them nearly the entire game. With Mark's clever and strong use of op fire, he kept me to one side of the board. I managed to get an engineer up to the tank traps on the Western side of the map and clear one of them. Then my Shermans rushed the back of the map. Before this, when Mark had a smaller defensible area, he was tearing me apart. But after I broke the line, the area was nigh impossible to defend. The crossroads went to the Americans (this time).
Tide of Iron Standings: Joey 1, Mark -1

So next week it's my pick again. July is looking good! See you next week.

Images by Joe Belanger

0 comments: